Five entertaining books for 3-6 year olds.
- Hannah Bandanna's Hair by Nikki Slade Robinson
- Daisy's Maze by Kyle Mewburn
- The Fidgity Itch by Lucy Davey
- Witchy Goes Shopping by Dianne Boles
- The Moon & Farmer McPhee by Margaret Mahy
A great book for bedtime: The Rain Train by Elena de Roo, illustrated by Brian Lovelock
Non-fiction books for this age group - I am a ... series (seals, dolphin, penguin).
Want to give a book that gives back? See Quaky Cat by Diana Noonan - all proceeds going to Christchurch Quake Relief Charities.
Five entertaining books for 7-9 year olds:
- Boy Zero: Wannabe Hero by Peter Millet
- Violet Mackerel's Brilliant Plot
- Finnigan and the Pirates by Sheryl Jordan
- Hollie Chips by Anna Gowan
- Organ Music by Margaret Mahy
Plus Victoria Azaro's series for Saffron.
Non-fiction books: The Naughty Kids Book of Nature by Des Hunt, and 'Sensational Survivors' by Sandra Morris, House by A. Machowiak
Five entertaining books for 10-12 year olds include:
- The Shadow of the Boyd by Diana Menefy
- Tussock by Elizabeth Pulford
- Ebony Hill by Anna MacKenzie
- Dreams of Warriors by Susan Brocker
- Jonty & Choc by Vince Ford
Non-fiction books include:
'It's my turn to cook' by Margaret Brooker, The Kiwi Fossil Hunters Handbook by J. Crampton & M. Terezow, 'Brave Bess & the Anzac Horses' by Susan Brocker
Five entertaining books for teenagers (13 years +) include:
- The Project by Brian Falkner
- The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe
- Ruined by Paula Morris
- Into the Wilderness by Mandy Hagar
- The Limping Man by Maurice Gee
A non-fiction book for this age group: 'Who's Cooking Tonight?' with Claire Gourley